Bradford Area Federal Credit Union
Bradford Area Federal Credit Union, your member owned financial institution, is committed to providing you financial products and services to meet your needs and reach your financial goals. We are equally committed to protecting our members’ privacy; protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with our credit union. We are required by law to give you this notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information.
If you have any questions, please contact any credit union employee at (814)362-6779
Information we collect and disclose about you:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency;
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections & limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell member information we provide to other third parties.
In order to conduct the business of the credit union, we may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our records.
If you terminate your membership with Bradford Area Federal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to personnel who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do to Help Protect Your Privacy:
Bradford Area Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and pass-words. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone # changes, please let us know.
If you have questions concerning this
notice; please do not hesitate to call.